Join the NONPROFIT SUSTAINABILITY CHALLENGE and transform your organization!
The Nonprofit Sustainability Challenge is a year-long initiative that works with leaders from nonprofit organizations from across Virginia and the surrounding region to identify, pursue and achieve success at a major challenge affecting the organization’s long-term financial sustainability. Program participants will gain quantifiable results on at least one major performance improvement by participating in 15-20 coaching calls and attending four two and a half-day in person sessions over the course of the program year.
From 2015 to 2017, 14 organizations have participated in the program and achieved significant results. In the first year the NSC program assisted six organizations from across Virginia, which cumulatively achieved annual bottom-line improvements of over $3,000,000 in addition to building extensive internal capacities. The NSC class of 2016-17 achieved 100% success at the challenges that they have undertaken. We are starting our third year of the thriving program and are excited to announce the new class of participants:
–Community Services Housing
–Habitat for Humanity Virginia
–Harrisonburg Downtown Renaissance
–Neighborhood Resource Center – Fulton
–Piedmont Housing Alliance
How does it work?
- The program provides two leaders from selected organizations with information, tools, networking and coaching resources that enable them to develop and/or refine business strategies with an emphasis on long-term organizational sustainability.
- The two leaders from each selected organization will:
– identify and pursue one of the most critical challenges facing the sustainability of their organization
– commit to the 12+ month program
– participate in and prepare for 15-20 coaching sessions (typically 1 hour calls)
– attend four two-day in person retreats
– engage their internal teams to make the transformational changes that improve sustainability and help their organizations thrive
- Tuition (representing a small portion of program costs) is $2,000 per organization plus travel costs.
- Applications for the fourth NSC cohort will be available in early 2019.
Examples of challenges completed by former participants include:
- Improving bottom line financial performance by $500,000 in one year through new donors or cost savings (goal exceeded by 50%- over $750,000 in bottom line improvements realized in one year).
- Retire $1,000,000 in existing debt in one year and reorganize a program losing $100,000 a year to at least break even.
- Expand into a new territory to generate at least $200,000 in unrestricted net revenue in one year.
For more information, please contact Raven Bates at 804-482-6232 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to our sponsors, who make the Nonprofit Sustainability Challenge possible.
- Wells Fargo
- Bon Secours Virginia
- Virginia Nonprofit Housing Coalition