Full-time/ Salaried/ Exempt – Reports to Director of Asset Management
- Oversee the financial health and operational performance of a portfolio of approximately 35-50 tax credit properties across Virginia and adjacent states.
- Review of property financial reporting; compiling and analyzing that data and reporting it to investors.
- Identify financial and operational risks that could result in a loss of tax credits, or could negatively affect the residents and/ or the reputation of the property
- Ensure that all properties within the portfolio have properly documented compliance of resident income and occupancy eligibility under Section 42 of the Internal Revenue Code (LIHTC compliance)
- Help to design and approve annual property operating budgets.
- Request and review annual GP audited financial statements
- Enter annual project audited financial statements into the VCDC proprietary database. Review and compare audited financial statements to financial statements reported to VCDC by the sponsor
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to on-site property managers and owners to help ensure that the asset performs well and complies with all regulatory requirements.
- Visit a portfolio of properties across Virginia and adjacent states to perform physical property inspections and meet with management agents/general partners for property operating discussions/relationship building.
- Throughout the year, provide whatever technical assistance is needed for the assigned portfolio to operate optimally, including but not limited to the following: marketing/leasing strategies, budgeting assistance, LIHTC compliance, and preventative maintenance plans – a broad range of activities to support our partners in keeping our housing communities healthy and in compliance with applicable rules and regulations.
- Collaborate with the Asset Management Team to plan and organize periodic property management training conferences.
- Closely monitor “watch list” properties and support the managing agent/sponsor in identifying any issues that might help improve the financial performance of the property.
- Other duties as assigned, including, but not limited to:
- Actively serve on inter-disciplinary teams as assigned
- Travel to properties (mostly in Virginia), which may include overnight travel, for site inspections and to deliver technical assistance
- General Requirements—
- An aptitude for analysis, critical thinking and creative problem-solving,
- A demonstrated ability to develop and nurture strong relationships,
- The ability to see “the big picture”, and to identify potential risks and opportunities,
- A flexible attitude and ability to manage changing priorities, and,
- Be motivated by VCDC’s mission and respectful of its history and what sets it apart from other organizations.
- Minimum Educational Requirements—
- Associates degree, preferably in business management or accounting (Bachelor’s degree preferred).
- Holders of professional certifications such as HCCP, CHAM, ARM, CAPS, CPM preferred.
- Minimum Work Experience—
- At least six years’ experience with increasing levels of responsibility in residential property management or asset management, or related fields is preferred.
- A combination of education and relevant job experience may be considered if either educational or work experience requirements are not met.